Pelling to Tashiding Trek:
Best Season: September- April Difficulty: Easy
- Day 1: Travel to Pelling
- Day 2: Hike from Pelling to Khecheopalri Lake
- Day 3: Hike from Khecheopalri Lake to Yuksom
- Day 4: Hike from Yuksom to Tashding
- Day 5: Return to Gangtok or Darjeeling by vehicle
Ravangla – Khechupelri Trek:
- Day 01 – Pick up Bagdogra airport, drive Gangtok, 4-5 hours, 125kms.
- Day 02 – City tour including Rumtek Monastery, Tibetology, Chorten, Enchey etc.
- Day 03 – Gangtok drive Rabangla (2100 Meters) via Temi Tea Garden and Samdruptse 4-5 hours.
- Day 04 – Rabangla trek Tashiding (1400 meters) 14 kms, 5-6 hours.
- Day 05 – Trek or drive up to Sinon Monastery, later continue trekking up to Hongri Monastery 5-6
- Day 06 – Hongri Monastery trek to Yuksom for about 3-4 hours, 9kms.
- Day 07 – Yuksom trek to Khechuperi, 12kms, 5 hours.
- Day 08 – Khechuperi drive to Pelling A 2200 meters)
- Day 09 – Pemayangtse Drive Darjeeling , later half city tour.
- Day 10 – Early morning visit Tiger hill.
- Day 11 – Darjeeling drive back to Bagdogra Airport .
Treks to Thoulung Monastery – Sikkim The Tholung monastery which was built in 1789 is the oldest and most important monastery in Dzongu. It was founded by Lhatsun Chenpo Lama to keep Buddhist manuscripts and sacred relics safe from the invading Gorkhas. So this monastery holds some rare and valuable scriptures and artifacts. The brass Chorten within the monastery contains the ashes of one of the highly incarnate lamas, Lama Latsun Chembo, the patron saint of Sikkim . Every three years, in spring, the Tholung monastery treasures are opened up and shown to the pilgrims.The trek starts from the village of Lingza , set amongst green paddy fields. A short traverse gets us on the bank of the Rimpi river which we follow all the way till Tholung. The route keeps criss crossing through some thick forests and stunning landscapes. The following day we visit the Tholung monastery and explore the surrounding holy caves
Grade This trek is graded as Easy .
These trips are suitable for beginners; some suitable for kids. Family and small groups can enjoy these trips as the hikes are not very lengthy. These treks may be up to 5 days of walking with about 4hrs (avg) of walking each day. Usually up to 12,000 feet but max altitudes may reach up to 14,800 feet.
Best Season Mid March to May and mid October to mid December
You can add this programmed to any others tours in sikkim . If you have plan to visit Sikkim and want to experience buddhist culture and Sikkimese life please write us we will organise your itinerary which will guide you all best places in short time.[mkdf_highlight background_color=”white” color=”green”][email protected][/mkdf_highlight]
- Day 1: Drive – start from Bagdogra/NJP/Gangtok, Darjeeling drive to trek base village ‘Tingvong’.
- Spend night with local lepcha family, gt experience of their lovely peaceful life.
- Day 2: Trek – Tingvong-Lingza-Tholung Monastery, 5 hours.
- Spend night in village home with local family.
- Day 3: Trek – Excursion around Tholung Gompa, 5 hours.( night stay)
- Day 4: Trek – Tholung-Lingza-Tingvong, 5 hours.
- Day 5: Drive – Tingvong-Gangtok/NJP